Fix Error 1316
Error 1316 normally appears under two scenarios; first one is during product installation and second one is when you attempt to repair some application. To fix error 1316 on Windows operating system, follow the instructions given below.Solution
- 1. Clean Windows Registry
- 2. Download and Install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
- 3. Modify registry information related to Windows Installer
- 4. Grant Full Access to Concerning File.
Compatible with Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP
Clean Windows Registry
Oftentimes during installation or un-installation some registry traces are left. You should clean Windows registry in order to fix error 1316. Follow the instructions given below to clean Windows registry.
- 1. Download and Install Registry Fix Up Program such as RegInOut
- 2. Scan your system for registry related issues.
- 3. After Full Registry Scan, fix found errors
- 4. Close the editor
Download and Install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
Error 1316 appears due to Windows installer related registry entries when you attempt to install Windows Installer Cleanup utility on your system. To avoid said error, you should clean registry entries related to Installer.
- 1. Open your browser
- 2. Download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
- 3. Double click on Executable file
- 4. Follow on screen Wizard.
Modify Registry Information Related to Windows Installer
Modify Windows Installer related registry information in order to fix error 1316 on your system. Locate destination of MSIEXEC.EXE and ensure ImagePath in registry is same. Steps given below would help modifying Windows Installer related registry information.
- 1. Double Click on My Computer | Search for MSIEXEC.EXE
- 2. Right click on MSIEXEC.EXE | Select Open the file location | Note down the location of file in sticky notes
- 3. Now Click on Start | Search
- 4. Type “regedit” without quotes and press Enter
- 5. Navigate to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
- 6. Double click on ImagePath | Type original path you noted down
- 7. OK | Close registry editor
- 8. Install Windows Installer
Grant Full Access to Concerning File
Error 1316 can appear due to lack of security permissions on assigned tasks. Granting full access or enhancing security permission on required file should fix your problem. Follow the steps given below to grant security permission.
- 1. Right Click on the file that is causing problem | Select Properties
- 2. Click on Security Tab | Edit
- 3. Grant permission | Apply | OK
- 4. Restart your system
- 5. Start Installing Windows Installer